Ts&Cs - Sea Horse Mattress and Pillows
BUSINESS POLICIES - SEAHORSE
All orders are subject to our full terms and conditions (below). These conditions do not affect your statutory consumer rights.
STANDARD CONDITIONS OF SALE
- "Buyer" means the person who buys or agrees to buy the Products from the Seller.
- "Conditions" means the terms and conditions of sale set out in this document and any special terms and conditions agreed in writing by the seller.
- "Delivery date" means the date specified by the Seller when the Products are to be delivered.
- "Products" means those goods specified.
- "Price" means the price for the Products including carriage, packing and VAT.
- "Seller" means DivanBaseDirect.co.uk
- "Consumer" shall bear the meaning ascribed in section 12 Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977.
- Nothing in these conditions shall affect the buyer’s statutory rights as a consumer.
- The Seller shall sell and the Buyer shall purchase the products in accordance with any written or verbal order of the Buyer which is accepted by the Seller including but not limited to orders placed using the Seller’s electronic online ordering service, subject in any case to these conditions, which shall govern the contract to the exclusion of any other terms and conditions subject to which any such quotation is accepted or purported to be accepted, or any such order is made or is purported to be made, by the Buyer.
- Any typographical or clerical or other error or omission in any sales literature, quotation, price list, acceptance of offer, invoice or other document or information issued by the Seller shall be subject to correction without any liability on the part of the Seller.
- If any provision of these conditions is adjudged invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part the validity of the other provisions of these conditions and the remainder of those provisions in question shall not be affected.
- If the Seller does not have sufficient stock to be able to deliver the goods ordered by the Buyer then any sum paid by the Buyer will be refunded or re-credited to your account and the Seller will notify you at the address given by you in your order form. The refund will be made as soon as possible and, in any event, within 30 days of your order and the Seller will not be obliged to offer any compensation for disappointment suffered.
The Price and Payment
- Save as provided otherwise herein the Price shall be that as stipulated in the Seller’s published price list current at the date of order of the Products. Any event of any increase in the cost to the Seller of raw materials, labour, overheads, or any increase in taxes or duties, or any variation in exchange rate the Seller may increase the Price payable under the contract upon written notice. If notice of price increase is given by the seller, the buyer shall have the right to cancel the order and receive back any sums they have paid. Notice of cancellation must be received in writing by the seller within seven days of delivery of the notice of price increase to the buyer.
- Full payment of the Price shall be prior to delivery. A minimum of 50% of the price is required when the order is placed. If the Buyer fails to make payment as required the Seller may suspend delivery of the Products or any further Products ordered until payment is made in full. All deposits are non-refundable.
- Please note - We do not store customer credit card details
The Products / Content Accuracy
- The quantity and description of the Products shall be set out in the Seller’s Customer Invoice.
- The Seller may make any changes in the specification of the Products which do not materially affect their quality or performance required to conform with any applicable statutory requirements where the Products are supplied to the Seller’s specification. All mattresses come in a variety of cover patterns and cannot be specified.
- The weights, dimensions and capacities of products given are approximate only and may vary in manufacture. The mattresses are designed to fit standard UK bed sizes. (IKEA sizes should be stated at the time of placing the order)
- Special Size mattresses and any made to order product must be paid for in full at the time of order.
Warranties and Liability
- All goods supplied by the Seller come with a manufacturer’s warranty as follows:
- Mattresses ( High density hard healthy foam) 5 years against firmness
- Mattresses( Soft foam/memory foam) 1 year against firmness
- Leather Sofa 1 year ( frame and construction only)
- Sofa bed 1 year (frame and construction only)
- 3-fold mattresses ( or below6 inches thick) 1 year ( against firmness)
- The Buyer shall provide the Seller with information such as photographic evidence and proof of purchase, ( copy of invoice), to enable the Seller to claim under the manufacturer’s warranties. In the event of a claim, the Buyer shall in the first instance contact the Seller’s customer service department.
- The Seller does not provide any warranty cover against defects in his own right.
- Except where the Buyer acts as a Consumer all other warranties, conditions and terms relating to fitness for purpose, satisfactory quality or conditions of the products whether implied by statute or common law or otherwise are excluded to the fullest extent of the law.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, our only liability to you under these terms and conditions will be, at our sole discretion, to make good any shortage or non-delivery, to replace or repair any goods which are received by you in a damaged or defective state or to refund to you any sums actually paid by you for the goods in question. We will not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss or damage arising out of any problem you notify to us and will have no liability to you for any failure or delay in delivering goods or any damage or defect in goods delivered which is caused by any event or circumstance which is beyond our reasonable control. Nothing in this Clause 5 affects your statutory rights as a consumer.
- Display items are sold on a non return and no refund basis.
Delivery of Goods
- Delivery of the goods shall be made by the Seller or their agent for delivery to such place as the Buyer may specify at the time the order is placed.
- The Seller shall use his reasonable endeavours to meet any date agreed for delivery..
- The Seller shall not be liable for any delay in delivery howsoever caused.
- The Seller will deliver and place the Goods in the Buyer's front door only.
- All orders for delivery will incur a delivery charge which will be included in the Customers invoice.
- Surcharges for delivery will be made in these areas : AB,DD,DG,EH,FK,G,KA,KW,KY.PA.PH.LD.LL.ML,PL,SY,SA,TD,TR,TQ,IV and all offshore islands.
- Generally, where an order contains more than one item, all items will be delivered at the same time once all items are available.
- Where a delivery date has been agreed with the Seller's carrier but the Buyer isn’t present to receive the delivery, the Seller reserves the right to charge the Buyer a minimum of £60 to cover part of the cost of the failed delivery.
- In the rare event that the Goods have arrived damaged, contain a manufacturer's defect or parts are missing, the Buyer must inform the Sellers Customer Services Department upon receiving delivery. The Seller reserves the right to request photographic evidence to be provided on behalf of the Buyer.
Cancellations and Returns
- An order may be cancelled at any time between the placement of the order and up to 7 days following delivery of the goods.
- In the interests of hygiene, goods that have been opened and used cannot be returned unless faulty or misrepresented.
- An 'Administration Fee' for cancellations and returns will be charged at 30% of the total order value.
- If the Buyer is dissatisfied with their purchase for any reason they may, within 7 days of delivery, contact the Seller’s Customer Service Department to notify them that they wish to return some or all items from their order. The Buyer can either arrange to return the goods themselves to the Seller at their own cost or they may ask the Seller to collect which will be based upon the direct cost to recover the goods and this cost will be deducted from the Buyer's refund.
- Goods must be returned to the Seller in the same condition they were in at the time of delivery to the Buyer and in their original packaging or similar. Items which are not adequately packaged at time of collection may not be collected and a charge will be levied to cover cost of failed collection.
- Mattresses can only be returned if they are unopened. Mattresses which have been opened and slept on cannot be returned. If you wish to test a mattress please keep it wrapped until you are sure you want to keep it.
- Refunds will be issued within 30 days of receipt of goods and after the Seller has inspected them for damage. The Seller reserves the right to withhold all or part of the Buyer's refund if items are returned damaged.
Title and Risk
- Risk of damage to or loss of the Products shall pass to the Buyer upon delivery.
- Notwithstanding any other provision herein title in the Products shall not pass to the Buyer until the Seller has received in cash or clear funds payment in full.
- The Buyer shall not be entitled to pledge or in any way charge by way of security for any indebtedness any of the Products which remain the property of the Seller, but if the Buyer does so all moneys owing to the Seller shall (without prejudice to any other right or remedy on the Seller) immediately become due and payable.
Insolvency of Buyer
- This clause applies if:
- The Buyer makes any voluntary arrangements with its creditors or becomes subject to an administration order or (being an individual or firm) becomes bankrupt, or (being a company) goes into liquidation (otherwise than for the purposes of amalgamation or reconstruction) or
- An encumbrancer takes possession, or a receiver is appointed, of any of the property or assets of the Buyer, or
- The Buyer, not being a consumer, ceases, or threatens to cease, to carry on business, or
- The Seller reasonably apprehends that any of the events mentioned above is about to occur in relation to the Buyer and notifies the Buyer accordingly.
- If the Clause applies, without prejudice to any other right or remedy available to the Seller, the Seller shall be entitled to cancel the contract or suspend any further deliveries under the contract without any liability to the Buyer, and if the Products have been delivered but not paid for the Price shall become immediately due and payable that despite any previous arrangement or agreement to the contrary.
- Neither party shall be liable for any delay or failure to perform any of its obligations if the delay or failure results from events or circumstances outside its reasonable control, including but not limited to strikes, lock outs, accidents, war, fire, reduction in or unavailability of power at the Seller’s premises or its manufacturing plant, breakdown of plant or machinery or shortage or unavailability of raw materials from a natural source of supply, and the party shall be entitled to a reasonable extension of its obligations.
- Any notice required or permitted to be given by either party to the other under the conditions shall be in writing and in the case of notices to the Seller, addressed to the Seller at its registered address or in the case of notices to the Buyer, at the Buyer’s address as provided to the Seller.
- The headings of the Clauses in these conditions are intended for reference only and will not affect the construction of these conditions.
No statement, description, warranty condition or recommendation contained in any catalogue, price list or advertisement or communication or made verbally by any of the Agents or Employees of the Seller shall be construed to enlarge, vary or override in any way thereof any of these conditions.
- Additional costs
The Buyer agrees to pay for any loss or extra cost incurred by the Seller through the Buyers instructions or lack of instructions or through failure or delay in taking delivery or through any acts or default on the part of the Buyer, its servants, agents or employees.
Proper Law of Contract
- This Contract shall be governed by the law of England and Wales and any dispute, question or remedy howsoever arising determined exclusively by the Courts of England and Wales.